ACCIONA, a global leader in renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure, has been awarded the NESS Energy Project contract for the construction and operation of an energy from waste facility in Aberdeen. ACCIONA is responsible for the design and turnkey construction, commissioning and operation of maintenance of the plant for a 20-year period.
ACCIONA is committed to making a positive contribution to the local community by supporting a wide range of social, economic and environmental benefits, and is looking to engage with community stakeholders in a number of different ways, eg Education, Employability and Skills Training; local SME Opportunities; and Social Wellbeing.
Community groups in Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray are invited to apply for funding, or request time bank hours for ACCIONA staff’s expertise/labour to help with social/community projects.
The types of projects that may be supported, but are not limited to are:
- Creating opportunities for culture, leisure, and recreation
- Promoting health and wellbeing, including mental health
- Supporting and promoting activities for younger people
- Supporting and promoting activities for older people
- Enhancing places
And, can include:
- General labouring
- Finance (help with accounting)
- IT Support
- Litter pick up
- Assisting adults with literacy and numeracy
- Or just ask – we may be able to help
We are now open for applications for 2021, and the application form can be found here.
Applications for 2021 should be submitted by 31st May and outcome advised by 18th June.
Please direct all enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org